Compass Pointe offers a culturally specific treatment group in the Storm Lake community. This group addresses issues specific to Hispanic individuals experiencing problems related to alcohol and drugs.
- Addresses major developmental, lifestyle, attitudinal, and behavioral issues.
- Promotes awareness and change through handouts and a personal journal.
- Education provided through videos and guest speakers. V
- Volunteers assist members of the group with spirituality, education about nutrition & budgeting matters.
- Individuals are introduced to AA-Hispanic Groups, a community support system.
Treatment services do continue beyond the nine-week course. Group members participate in the Hispanic Aftercare Group one time per month. This group fosters ongoing healthy living.