IOWA’S DRINKING & DRIVING COURSE
TALKING ABOUT ALCOHOL & DRUGS (TAADS)
SPENCER, ESTHERVILLE, EMMETSBURG, SPIRIT LAKE, SHELDON
TAADS is a program about alcohol and other drugs developed by Prevention Research Institute of Lexington, KY.
- Participants are guided to a new understanding of who can develop alcohol and drug problems, and what actually causes them.
- Participants learn a five-step risk reduction process for alcohol related problems, and learn how to use the process especially as related to driving.
- Participants learn that others around them make low-risk choices. They themselves can make low-risk choices, and how to make low-risk choices at all times and under all circumstances.
To register, call 712.262.2952 or 712.324.2196 ask to register for TAADs. Be prepared to give
- Social security Number
- Drivers License Number
- Date of birth
- Method of payment (credit, debit, cash or money order; no checks please).
Drivers of participants may attend free of charge. They may purchase a participant book for $20.
Prepayment is required. Payment and registration must be done before your name will be added to the class list. If payment is not made your name will only go to a waiting list.
Please mail money orders one week prior to class to:
Attn: Barb (TAADs)
1900 North Grand Ave. Suite A
Spencer, Iowa 51301
|Class date and time (2017)||Location||Course||Cost||Instructor|
|February 10, 3:00-8:30pm
February 11 9:00-4:30pm
|February 13, 15, & 21, 5:30 – 9:30 pm||Spencer||#S022017||$115||Angela|
|March 10, 3:00-8:30 pm
March 11 9:00-4:30 pm
|March 13, 15, & 20, 5:30 – 9:30 pm||Spirit Lake||#SPL032017||$115||Angela|
|April 7, 3:00-8:30pm
April 8, 9:00-4:30pm
|April 17, 19, & 20, 5:30 – 9:30 pm||Spencer||#S042017||$115||Angela|
|May 12, 3:00-8:30 pm
May 13, 9:00- 4:30pm
|May 15, 16, & 22, 5:30 – 9:30p.m.||Estherville||#EV052017||$115||Angela|
|June 9, 3:00-8:30
June 10, 9:00-4:30
|June 12, 14, & 19, 5:30 – 9:30p.m.||Spencer||#S062017||$115||Angela|
TAADs Class Policy
- The “TAADS” class is required for OWI and Zero Tolerance (.02) charges.
- Refrain from using alcohol or drugs before or during class. A person attending in an impaired state will be dismissed; no refund will be given.
- Listen and participate while showing respect for people. Participants will be respected and treated with dignity.
- Participants must attend all sessions in consecutive order to complete.
Should weather conditions make it questionable whether a TAADS class will be held class participants should listen to the following radio stations: KICD, 107.7 Spencer; KILR, 95.9 Estherville or KUOO, 103.9 Spirit Lake An announcement will be made no later than two hours in advance of class time. If the first class is postponed, participants should attend the next scheduled class, weather permitting. The instructor and class participants will determine make-up dates.